EarthBasic. Take care. Bless many.
Read |Genesis 30:43; 31:1 - 9|
Hello Beloved! All we share with you is an overflow of all He pours into us. This week's devotional experience comes by way of Transformation Church, located in Tulsa, OK, and under the leadership of Pastors Michael and Natalie Todd. It is the second sermon in their current series, "All Strings Attached". In it Pastor Michael Todd walks us through Scripture to understand the fact and source of our dysfunction, as well as the hope we have in Jesus Christ to break the cycles of brokenness we have inherited. We pray you are blessed by what God has been using to challenge us in our walk towards wholeness. We pray your heart is softened to receive the Word He has prepared for you. Get your pen and journal ready! Note whatever the Spirit allows to resonate in your heart.
1. Review your notes. How is God speaking to your heart?
2. Where is God challenging you? Take note and pray for Him to make your heart malleable in His hands. Pray for faith to rise so that you may walk in His way, even when it does not agree with your own understanding.
3. Where is God confirming a Word He has already given you? Take note and thank Him for His reassurance. Pray for humility and courage to respond in obedience.
4. What feelings are surfacing? Take note of the them and present them to God, so that He may give you their meaning.
5. What questions about God, self and or others are surfacing? Take note of them and pray for wisdom for the answers that are yours to have and peace to live fully and openheartedly in light of the mystery that may still remain.
We leave you with this song written and originally performed by Bob Dylan. The light that comes to the rescue is nebulous in the lyrics. But, we know the Light is a person and we know that person is Jesus Christ. So enjoy, and begin visualizing God's action on your behalf. Begin visualizing the efficacy of Jesus's sacrifice on the cross seeping into the nitty gritty details of your life here--on this side of Jordan. Begin visualizing your release from generational brokenness and your soul sowing a harvest of blessings for those who will come through you and after you.
Take care. Bless many.
Carolyn Sinclair McCalla is a daughter of God, with a passion for encouraging women to embrace the fullness of God's love for them in Jesus Christ. She leads the Be-Held Community: a group of women seeking, living and being transformed by the truth of God’s Word together.