EarthBasic. Take care. Bless many.
Hello Beloved! Here we are with recipe #9 in our 13 week series of healthy, delicious, no frills meals to help you build and sustain your temple. This week's recipe is Honey Glazed Chicken.
We hope you have a praise report about the ways in which the Holy Spirit graced your mealtime conversations with those you sought to know more perfectly, last week. This week's encouragement comes by way of Bonnie Gray's, inspired work and our Be-Held Book Community October read, "Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God's Love to Revitalize Your Soul":
Savor something delicious. Sit and eat slowly. Enjoy your food. Don't multitask. Be present. Breathe...When we savor God's word slowly, we enjoy being with Him. It's like eating slower, to taste the flavors and breathe, rather than gobbling food down. Our hectic, fast-paced life leads to stressful, unhealthy living, as we rush through our day, unhappy and mindlessly running through our tasks, eating on the run. By choosing the simple act of eating slower, you take time to live, enjoy life, relate to others, and experience more rest. Studies show benefits of the Slow Food movement, include losing weight (it takes twenty minutes for your brain to register you're full), good digestion (better health) and less stress. Eating slowly practices mindfulness and frees you to be in the moment rather than worry about what's next. (Bonnie Gray, 2017, p. 134).
Happy temple building!
Take care. Bless many.
Honey Glazed Chicken
3 ½ to 4lbs Chicken parts
1 tbsp Salt
2 tsps Black Pepper
1 tsps Paprika
2 cups Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 ½ tsps Cornstarch
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Honey
5 tbsp Cider Vinegar
2 tsps Rosemary, dried
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper and paprika. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and rub the spice mixture on each chicken part.
3) Stir the cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water together in a small bowl until no lumps remain; set aside.
4) In a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil. Once the pan starts to smoke add the pieces of chicken, skin side down and sear on both sides (3 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown).
5) Place chicken parts on a lightly greased baking tray with chopped onions, rosemary, carrots and 1 cup of water. Brush the chickens evenly with a thick layer of the glaze and continue to roast until the glaze is golden brown.
6) Roast until the chickens are golden, about 15- 20 minutes.
7) In a small saucepan, bring the honey and vinegar to a simmer over medium-high heat.
8) Cook until the mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup (10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
9) Slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture into the glaze, return to a simmer and cook until nicely thickened (1 – 2 minutes).
10) Serve and enjoy.
Jeanette Bailey is a believer in Jesus Christ, who believes that health, wellness, healing and wholeness is obtainable with a Christ-centered and evidence based medically sound approach. Her life's mission is to help individuals, families and communities
Carolyn Sinclair McCalla is a daughter of God who believes that as we seek the truth of God's Word, and humble ourselves to live in agreement with it, that we will experience the transformation which allows us to enter wholistic wellness: spirit, soul and body. She is the Founder and President of EarthBasic and leads its Be-Held Community: a group of women seeking, living and being transformed by the truth of God’s Word together. She is excited about this addition to the Be-Held Community, which will provide loving, sustainable, Christ-centered and well researched resources to support women in cultivating a life of wholistic self-care: spirit, soul, and body, which will in turn equip them to bless the generations in their care.