EarthBasic. Take care. Bless many.
Spicy Black Bean Pizza
Total kcals: 807 kcals (Pita) to 1097 kcals (Naan), Serves 2 [403 kcals (Pita) or 548 kcals (Naan) per serving]
2 small Pita/Naan Breads
2 cups Canned Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 Plummy Tomato, sliced thinly
1/2 Jalapeno Pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 small Red Onion, julienned
1/2 cup Canned Sweet Corn, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Coconut/Olive Oil
Parsley, for garnishing
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small mixing bowl, mash the black beans with the garlic powder until smooth.
3) Stir in the oil until fully incorporated. Add water if desired consistency is not attained (it should be thick but have a relatively smooth mouthfeel).
4) Spread the mixture onto the breads of your choosing (whether pita or naan).
5) Bake for 10 minutes with any of the above ingredients or add ingredients and eat raw. Slice and enjoy.
Jeanette Bailey is a believer in Jesus Christ, who believes that health, wellness, healing and wholeness is obtainable with a Christ-centered and evidence based medically sound approach. Her life's mission is to help individuals, families and communities
Carolyn Sinclair McCalla is a lover of Christ with a passion for sharing her gifts and happy findings with others. She is so excited about this addition to Be-Held, which will provide practical, sustainable, Christ-centered and well researched resources to support women in cultivating a life of holistic self-care: spirit, soul, and body.