EarthBasic. Take care. Bless many.
Hello Beloved! Here we are with recipe #11 in our 13 week series of healthy, delicious, no frills meals to help you build and sustain your temple. This week's recipe is perfect for showing some hospitality this Fall: Carrot Loaf.
Last week we encouraged you to take care by feasting on true comfort food--the Word. All our feasting, with the help of the Holy Spirit, should pour forth works that bring glory to our Father. This week let your works declare the glory of our God by showing some hospitality.
Our Sister, Ashley Hales has a few pearls of wisdom to help you along, in her new book, "Finding Holy in the Suburbs". You can get a taste by reading this excerpt featured on iBelieve.com: This isn’t Pinterest Entertaining: The Call for Hospitality in the Suburbs.
Happy temple building!
Take care. Bless many.
Total kcals: 2172 kcals, Serves 10, (217 kcals per serving)
180 grams or 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3 Egg Whites, beaten
3 Egg Yolks, beaten
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Mixed Spice
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
250 grams or 1 1/2 cups Carrots, grated
1) Preheat your oven to 180 C/ 350 F. Line your loaf pan (9 x 4 inches) with parchment paper, or butter and flour well.
2) Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
3) Whisk together the oil, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract.
4) Whisk in the sifted flour, until just combined. Fold in the carrots using a spatula. Lastly, fold in the egg whites.
5) Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 180 C/ 350 F for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean,
6) Allow to cool for 10 -15 minutes in pan , and then remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Be-Held Health Lead
Jeanette Bailey is a believer in Jesus Christ, who believes that health, wellness, healing and wholeness is obtainable with a Christ-centered and evidence based medically sound approach. Her life's mission is to help individuals, families and communities
Carolyn Sinclair McCalla is a daughter of God who believes that as we seek the truth of God's Word, and humble ourselves to live in agreement with it, that we will experience the transformation which allows us to enter wholistic wellness: spirit, soul and body. She is the Founder and President of EarthBasic and leads its Be-Held Community: a group of women seeking, living and being transformed by the truth of God’s Word together. She is excited about this addition to the Be-Held Community, which will provide loving, sustainable, Christ-centered and well researched resources to support women in cultivating a life of wholistic self-care: spirit, soul, and body, which will in turn equip them to bless the generations in their care.