EarthBasic. Take care. Bless many.
Hello Beloved! Here we are with recipe #8 in our 13 week series of healthy, delicious, no frills meals to help you build and sustain your temple. This week's recipe is a satisfying chicken bowl.
Last week we encouraged you to reach out. This week we encourage you to invite in. Consider debuting this recipe with a another person or group of people you would like to get to know better. Be courageous, and invite them over for dinner, remembering that the emphasis is on sharing presence, not perfect things. As you sit in the company of your invited guests, rely on the Holy Spirit to guide your conversation. Invite Him in. Our words hold great power. The Lord can often use our words to minister to the unspoken needs of others. So, invite Him in and let Him heal, restore and connect through your dinner conversation.
We love this ministry tool from Missional Women--The Reveal Cards. Check them out and try using them to support life giving conversation between you and your guests.
Happy temple building!
Take care. Bless many.
Smoked Paprika Chicken with Tomato Parsley Salsa
Total kcals: 685, Serves 4 (171 kcals per serving)
Ingredients for Chicken
4 Chicken Thighs (approx. 1½ lbs)
1 ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp Oregano, ground
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
3 Plummy Tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Total kcals: 217, Serves 4 (54 kcals per serving)
Ingredients for Salsa
1 cup seeded, diced Plummy Tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Parsley
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Granulated Sugar
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black pepper
1) In a large bowl, evenly season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, cayenne and oregano.
2) On high, heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan then place chicken thighs, skin-side down in the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the thighs develop brown crispy skin, then flip them.
3) Cook for an additional 5 minutes to brown the other side. Turn down the flame to low, add the tomatoes and 1 cup water, then cover and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes (or until fully cooked through).
4) In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the salsa.
5) Serve both items and enjoy with a starch of your choice (eg: brown rice).
Jeanette Bailey is a believer in Jesus Christ, who believes that health, wellness, healing and wholeness is obtainable with a Christ-centered and evidence based medically sound approach. Her life's mission is to help individuals, families and communities
Carolyn Sinclair McCalla is a daughter of God who believes that as we seek the truth of God's Word, and humble ourselves to live in agreement with it, that we will experience the transformation which allows us to enter wholistic wellness: spirit, soul and body. She is the Founder and President of EarthBasic and leads its Be-Held Community: a group of women seeking, living and being transformed by the truth of God’s Word together. She is excited about this addition to the Be-Held Community, which will provide practical, sustainable, Christ-centered and well researched resources to support women in cultivating a life of wholistic self-care: spirit, soul, and body.